Name Change – Nunavut

In Nunavut, the change of name process is age-dependent. In addition to the relevant completed form, the applicant must also provide a copy of their birth certificate and/or baptismal certificate; two pieces of certified identification; and consent forms, where applicable. For more information on when consent is required, or to obtain a consent form, please click here.

A copy of the Change of Name Act can be found here.

19 Years of Age or Older, Married, or Common-Law
If the applicant is 19 years of age or older, or under 19 years of age and married or in a common-law relationship, the applicant must complete the following form.

Under 19 Years of Age
If the applicant is unmarried and under 19 years of age, a parent must apply on their behalf using the following form.

Sources: Nunavut Courts – Change of Name; Nunavut Change of Name Act.