Name Change – Yukon

In order to change your name in Yukon, an applicant must be a resident of the Yukon ordinarily and for at least three months preceding the application. Further, the applicant must be at least 19 years of age or older, or married, widowed, or divorced. If the applicant is under 19 years of age or older, a parent or person having lawful custody of an unmarried child may change their name, such as the mother, father, or a person appointed pursuant to the Children’s Act to exercise the rights of custody.

To obtain a name change package, the applicant must contact Vital Statistics directly.

Source: Yukon Vital Statistics – Change of Name.